Thursday, December 3, 2009

Growing up every day

Landon is growing so quickly, almost as if before our eyes he is changing. On December 1st, Landon reached two huge milestones. We were shocked that he did either of them so quickly, especially since he is not even a month old!

After a morning feeding, I was changing Landon and being silly to keep him entertained. After he got a dry diaper and a change of clothes, I was showing him things around his room. A friend of mine painted some pictures for his nursery as a gift, and as I scratched at one of them to get his attention, Landon gave me the biggest, toothless smile! It was the most adorable thing and while it lasted just a few seconds, my heart felt like it stopped for minutes. His whole face lit up, his eyes were squinty and his little dimples were the cutest things ever! He will definitely break some hearts with those! I was sad that Paul missed his first smile, but Landon gave him another one later that night.

But, apparently Landon did not want Daddy to feel left out of the "baby's firsts" so that night after Paul changed him and put his sleepy clothes on, Paul laid him in his crib on his tummy. I'm not really sure why Paul did this since Landon sleeps in our room right now or even why he put him on his tummy, but I'm so glad that he did. I was in our bedroom folding the laundry when Paul ran in to ask if Landon had ever rolled over. Obviously, he had not, so I grabbed the video camera and we put him back on his tummy to see if he would do it again or if it was just a fluke...he did it not one more time but two more times before he got tired and started crying! So glad that we got that on film...now if he will smile when I have the camera ready, we'll be good to go!

We are so surprised that he did both of these baby milestones so early and in the same day. Maybe we have a genius on our hands but we certainly have a very active baby boy! It's so much fun to watch him grow every day!

Pictures of our precious baby to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog! These things are great for long-distance family! :)

    ReplyDelete